Sunday, July 25, 2010

Okay, I'm gonna try...

Savannah has been begging me for months to blog. Because I haven't had time, she has picked up my slack. I actually have loved reading what she writes. it gives me a little insight into what she is thinking about how our lives are going... I am not making any promises, but I will try to blog more often. If any of you know me, you know how much I hate change. Well, the twins, as of today, are done nursing. This may not seem momentous to anyone but me, but for me it is so hard!! Knowing they are my last makes it all that much worse. Todd keeps trying to reassure me by saying that I should feel great about nursing them both for over ten months, but it really doesn't make me feel much better. Enough of that diatribe. We are down to the last of the girls summer vacation. They start 4th and 6th grade next week! Just writing that has me thinking, "Where did the time go?" They are so big! We have enjoyed several fun things while they have been off. It started with our awesome visit from Anna and Dave and family. It was so fun to get Treyton and Sutter together with Liam and to see the older ones play and interact. My only regret is that they didn't stay longer! We went to the girls first swim meet together, did a lot of swimming at home, went to funworks, out to lunch, Todd and Dave golfed, Anna and I braved Eclipse with the other teeny boppers there, and of course, celebrated an awesom fourth of July on the 3rd with a barbecue, swimming, fireworks, a backyard campfire and smores. The girls then spent a wonderful week with Grandma Gloria and girl cousins in Colorado while enjoying horseback riding, talent shows, crafts, river rafting, swimming and more... then apent several days with Aunt Debbie's family before returning home. We have been to the movies several times, swim team and meets, chuck E Cheese, backyard swimming, and more! We have stayed close to home since the twins are still a lot of work, but I think we have had a relaxing summer break! The twins are getting bigger! Caulder starts his 2nd year of preschool in two weeks and is super excited! Savannah and Claire had spent any and all of there free time working on a play that they were putting together with the Stacey kids entitled Wicked Jr. i Couldn't wait to see the performance. I will post the pics. I will try to be a better blogger... I get to caught up reading all my friends blogs and run out of time to post on my mine, but I will try to switch things up a bit href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEinulkyWsqFZmbEDPAnjZOIO79tebdvQBF5CS79z3t7UpEe4XWOO1T3iXNFC6bYvCgAaGMKS2UoY0X4_Pf6nwyq1PmaqTadKLgSUDKviCa-97ACk22M0reBeDHs6-0QR8mB8Z_IcqGnzR0O/s1600/new+043.JPG">



5 comments:

Vera said...

Your kids are so adorable! I love reading your daughter's updates on the blog, it's so cute, sometimes I can't tell who's bloggging :)

I cannot believe how much you guys have done this summer with twin babies, wow you are super mom! With just one little guy I feel so slowed down...sheesh! Your kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful mom...thanks for the inspiration :)

Sabrina said...

Yay!!! I love reading your blog and seeing pics of your ever growing kiddos. Sooo beautiful and handsome!!! Miss you already too much. See you soon!!!

Jules said...

Well Hallelujah! It's you again! :) And the kids are so cute... thanks for the update! Sounds like you've had a lot of fun! Missing you and thinking of your fam all the time!

Debbie said...

It's so weird to see all those boys around your house. What has happened? It use to be a girl house. They are all super cute!

foreveryoung said...

I've loved reading Savannah's posts but it was so good to hear from you too! What a fun summer you guys have had and I loved seeing pictures of your kids. It's amazing how quickly they grow up. You've been on my mind alot, I know August has got to be a hard month for you, just know we love you and your cute family!!